MARY CUNNAH
old buildings

America, Llansilin
Nobody knows why this abandoned cottage was called America. It was apparently built in 1823 by John Williams. It overlooks Llansilin Village and was originally 3 cottages. The last people living there were Oswald and Irene Jones. Ossie was born in the cottage and inherited it from his father. He worked as a lengthman, looking after a stretch of road from Llansilin to Rhydycroessau. The building was lived in until 2006.